View in galleryIf you own an HTC Raider Android phone from Bell or Rogers, you can now easily gain root access on your device in no time. We say Bell or Rogers because according to XDA-Developers forum member erik10002, he tested the rooting method on his device and it actually worked. The method, will work for the Bell/rogers HTC Raider only for now, and we cannot really confirm or comment on whether it will work outside of that or not. So if you own a Raider from Bell or Rogers, here’s how you can root your device!
Credit goes to bjg222 for his root script, pirateghost for creating a CWM zip file and bananacakes for CWM recovery.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Unclocked bootloader from HTCDEV website
- ADB set up on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it on your computer
- ClockworkMod recovery image file
- Root zip file.
- To begin, download the recovery file and extract it to android-sdk-windows\tools where fastboot.exe is.
- Download the root zip file and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now put your phone in fastboot mode. Power off the phone and then hold the Volume down key as you press the Power button to turn it on. Once in bootloader mode, select fastboot with the help of the Volume keys.
- Open command prompt or terminal and navigate to the location of the recovery image file. Enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery root_recovery.img
- Once the recovery is flashed, reboot into recovery and navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the root zip file.
- Once the file is flashed, simply reboot your device and cross your fingers!
That is it, your device should now be rooted once you boot into the OS. For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.