Due to some reasons best known to Apple itself, there won’t be GameCenter app iPhone 3G “officially”. This doesn’t mean that you can’t install it manually and all you need is a jailbroken iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 to accomplish this.
- The first step is to jailbreak your iPhone 3G if you haven’t done so already.
- Now download GameCenter.zip file, extract contents and save it on your desktop [Or wherever your prefer].
- Once this is done. launch Cydia and install OpenSSH .
- Now download WindSCP and launch the application after download finishes.
- Now connect to your iPhone through WinSCP by entering following values:
- Hostname: iPhone’s IP Address
- Username: Root
- Password: Alpine
- Protocol: SCP
- Once your iPhone is connected navigate to /applications folder.
- Now drag and drop GameCenter.app file in /applications folder.
- Now right click on GameCenter.app and set permission parameter as 755.
- Once you are done with setting permission, navigate to System/Libary/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and copy N82AP.plist file to your desktop. Now choose any one file from the these folders [Included in the zip file you downloaded earlier]:
- Folder GameCenter – Activates only GameCenter
- Folder Multitasking e GameCenter – Activates GameCeter with Multitasking
- Folder Sfondi e GameCenter – Activates Background with GameCenter
- Folder sfondi, Multitasking e GameCenter – This option Enables Multitasking, Background, GameCenter
- once you have decided the file you want to go with, drag and drop the desired N82AP.plist file into System/Libary/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app. This will overwrite the existing file.
- Now go to System/Libary/LaunchDeamons/and drag & drop com.apple.gamed.plist here.
- Now navigate to usr/libexec, drag and drop gamed file here and set the permission to 755 by right clicking “gamed”.
- Once this is done, reboot your iPhone 3G and there you go! you now have GameCenter app installed on iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1.