HTC Desire HD is the new Android sensation that was announced recently at HTC Press Event. If you are an HTC HD2 owner and want so hands-on convincing before making your move to HTC Desire HD, then you can test it on your HTC HD2. XDA member Darkstone1337 and team have released their Desire HD Built For HTC HD2. This is not a complete port but can give you an idea of the look and feel of Desire HD on HD2.
These are the features that you won’t be able to use after installing HTC Desire HD theme on HD2:
- ebook Reader
- Ring-tones Selection
- Video Playback From SD Card
- LED Notifications
Here is the step by step guide on installing HTC Desire HD Rom on HD2:
- The first step is to download the Rom File, extract and save the contents on your desktop [Or wherever you prefer].
- Now connect your phone to the computer and copy the downloaded Rom file on SD card root.
- Once this is done, disconnect your phone from the computer and start Windows Mobile File Manager.
- In the file manager, navigate to Android folder and tap on “CLRCAD” followed by Haret.
- Now wait for the procedure to finish. This build creates 1.0 GB img file so it can be a bit time consuming. [Hang in there for 10 minutes or so].
- Once the process is finished, you phone will reboot into HTC Desire HD Android Rom.
Here is a video of how HTC Desire HD Android built looks on HTC HD2:
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.