HTC Desire S, sporting the Gingerbread 2.3.3 with the new HTC Sense 2.1 has been bustling around in the Android world with ports being developed for quite a handful of Android devices. The latest addition in the list, is the HTC myTouch 4G. The ROM is said to be very stable, but of course, as like many ports of it’s kind, a few bugs do exist. For more on this ROM and installation instructions for your MyTouch, read on!
Before we move onto the installation, here’s a look at what’s functional and not functional in this ROM so far.
- Transition effects may not render correctly, or may freeze. Incase of that, just make a gesture on the screen and it will go away.
- The video recorder functions.
- WiFi tethering is working.
- Fm radio functions.
- Bluetooth is buggy and may or may not work.
- The G-Sensor is buggy and may stop working at random occasions. Restart the device to fix it.
The ROM also comes with an OC Kernel incase you want more horsepower. Here are a few screenshots, courtesy of the developer:
So now that you know what this ROM has to offer, lets get it up and running on your device!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted HTC myTouch 4g. See our guide on how to root the myTouch 4g.
- ClockworkMod Recovery 3+ installed. See our guide on how to install ClockworkMod recovery 3+ using ROM Manager.
Desire S ROM Port for myTouch 4g(Development halted; ROM no longer available)
- To begin, copy the ROM downloaded from the link above, to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Once the ROM is copied to the SD card, reboot your device into recovery mode.
- In the recovery, make a NANDroid backup. See our guide on how to perform a NANDroid backup.
- Once in the recovery, select Wipe data/factory reset. Now, wipe cache and Dalvick Cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM you copied to your SD card.
- You will be prompted with whether to install the file or not; choose Yes.
- Wait for the installation to complete and once it does, simply reboot your device.
All done! Your phone will now reboot into the new ROM. For updates and queries regarding the ROM, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.