For all the Windows Phone 7 users, a few days back Mango’s beta 2 version was released, and we covered it in our guide to get Mango beta 2 on any device. There were indications in this beta 2 build (for example the version number) that the real Mango (RTM version) is close to final release. And now here’s the big news, just a few hours ago Mango was leaked over at the XDA forum! The version number is 7720 and this makes it a genuine Mango RTM version. This is how you can get it on your device if you have Nodo or any of Mango’s beta versions running on your phone.
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample rooting, hacking and flashing experience before you try this hack. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible if you end up damaging your device.
First of all read the disclaimer given above very carefully, as this procedure could prove to be the last thing your device ever does. Having said that, if you really must see for yourself how the new Mango tastes, here are the step-by-step instructions.
- First of all, grab the file named “7720.rar” from here.
- Follow this Mango beta installation guide. Although you can update straight from Nodo, this way will make the remaining procedure much simpler.
- Now we come back to the zip file we downloaded earlier. Extract its contents to a secure place in your computer.
- In the extracted contents, look for the Zune beta client and install it.
- Make sure that step 2 worked fine and you are now on 7712. Once that has been done, go to the folder you extracted and copy the folder named “RCToRTM”.
- Go to “C:\” and paste the folder there.
- In the pasted folder, look for a file named “ISVTo7720.bat”. Right-click on it and run as administrator.
This will instigate a flurry of updates, don’t panic if it takes time, it’s supposed to be that way. And if all goes according to plan, you will have Windows Phone 7.5 Mango running on your phone!