Finally there is some great news for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 owners as some fellow Androiders have managed to port Xperia Play Games Launcher on this phone. The hack basically allows you to experience the Xperia Play launcher’s awesomeness that’s currently restricted to Xperia Play users only. All credit for this tweak / port goes to DikeJ and DCQua at XDA developers.
Here is the step by step guide to install Xperia Play Games launcher on your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 phone:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone. You can use AddictiveTips search bar to find rooting method according to your firmware. It is also important to understand that this method has been tested positive on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread based custom ROMs only.
- Once you have root on your phone and you are upgraded/downgraded to Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM, download the Xperia Play Games Launcher package.
- After the download is complete, unzip the archive and you will be able to see 4 files apart from Xperia Play Games Launcher APK file.
- Copy all the extracted files to your phone’s SD Card root
- Now download and install Root Explorer on your phone.
- After you have downloaded and installed the root explorer, tap to launch it and copy playstationcertified.jar and xperiaplaycertified.jar files to system/framework folder.
- Once you are done copying the files, reboot your phone.
- Once your phone reboots, use any file manager from Market to install Xperia Play Games Launcher App [APK] present on your SD Card card.
According to initial testers, the hack went pretty well for them as they were able to launch the Xperia Play Games launcher. Some users have even testified that application of this launcher actually enhances ROM and frees some RAM. For more information and support, please head to the official XDA thread posted here. Please note that this hack / port is only intended for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and will not work on other Xperia variants.