There is some good new for iPhone 3GS [Old bootrom] owners who accidently or willingly updated to iOS 4.0.2 and were waiting for the jailbreak. There is now an unofficial pwnage tool bundle available that allows your to jailbreak iPhone 3GS [Old Bootrom] On iOS 4.0.2. After jailbreak, you can also unlock your phone using Ultrasn0w.
Here is the step by step guide on jalbreaking iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.0.2 with pwnage tool bundle:
Please note that you won’t be able to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.0.2 if you don’t have iOS 4 or iOS 4.0.1 SHSH Blobs saved.
- The first step is to download and install the latest iTunes version along with original iOS 4.0.2 IPSW firmware file for iPhone 3GS.
- Now connect your iPhone to the computer and Launch iTunes. Create a backup of every thing on your phone so that you can easily restore it later.
- Now go ahead and download PwnageTool bundle and save the files to your desktop [Or wherever you prefer].
- Now Launch PwnageTool and select your device. Once this is done, PwnageTool will automatically detect the right firmware for your iPhone 3GS. Point the browse button to original iOS 4.0.2 Firmware file for iPhone 3GS.
- Click on “No” once PwnageTool prompts “Do you have an iPhone contract that would activate normally through iTunes?”. Also only click yes on the baseband update prompt only if you are on AT&T or any other legit carrier.
- Now click next and PwnageTool will start building the custom IPSW firmware file for your iPhone 3GS. This process is a bit time consuming so wait for it to finish.
- Once the custom IPSW is made, copy the file to your desktop and manually restore it on your iPhone 3GS through iTunes.
And there you go! You have successfully jailbroken your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.0.2.
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample hands-on jailbreaking experience before trying your hands on this one. Addictivetips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device during the process.
Image Credit: WinandMac