Yesterday we reported that iOS 4.1 Beta (Developers Only Version) is available for download. You can also jailbreak your iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G updated to iOS 4.1 using Redsn0w Jailbreak tool.
Here are the step by step instructions on jailbreaking your iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (Non MC model) using Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5.
Please note that this method ONLY jailbreaks your device on iOS 4.1. It doesn’t provide carrier unlock to your device, so you should stay away from upgrading to iOS 4.1 for now, in case you rely on a carrier unlock. You will need to have Apple developer’s account for downloading iOS 4.1 Beta. This Redsn0w iOS 4.1 jailbreak procedure is only applicable for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G.
- The first step is to download iOS 4.1 Firmware for iPhone 3G or iPod touch 2G and Redsn0w. [Please scroll down to reference links for downloading redsn0w. We can’t provide download links to iOS 4.1 beta 1 for legal reasons, because it is a developers-only beta. You can easily find them through Google though.]
- Now manually restore your device to iOS 4.1 using iTunes 9.2.
- After restoration, launch Redsn0w and press the browse button to point it to the IPSW firmware file.
- Now click next and wait for Redsn0w to process the IPSW for jailbreak.
- Once the process is finished, the following screen will appear. Check mark Cydia and any other options you want to install.
- Now turn your iPhone 3G/ iPod Touch 2G off and connect your device to the computer.
- Now put your device in DFU made until the installation embarks.
- Wait for the installation to complete, after which you device will reboot and there you go! You have successfully jailbroken your iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2G on the latest iOS 4.1 Beta.
- We are expecting the iOS 4.1 public release soon, so we will recommend waiting for the public version before upgrading and jailbreaking your device.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc19 for Windows
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc19 for Mac
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample hands-on jailbreaking experience before trying your hands on this one. AddictiveTips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device during the process.