iOS 4.1 Beta ( developers Only) version has been released and now is available for download Via apple developers website. There is some good news for iPhone 3G users who have already updated to the latest iOS 4.1 and are looking to jailbreak their devices. The latest beta of iPhone Dev Team’s redsn0w can jailbreak your iPhone 3G running iOS 4.1 like it did for the iOS 4.0.
Here are the step by step instructions on jailbreaking your iPhone 3G running iOS 4.1 with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5. View in gallery
Please note that the procedure below is only meant for jailbreaking iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1. This process Does Not provide carrier unlock and is only recommended for Advanced users who have previous jailbreaking experience and are on a legit carrier.
- The foremost step is to download iOS 4.1 Firmware and Redsn0w, and save the files on your desktop [ Or wherever you prefer].
- Now restore your iPhone 3G to iOS 4.1 using iTunes 9.2 and launch redsn0w.
- Now press Browse button on Redsn0w and select the downloaded IPSW file.
- After this click “next” and let redsn0w prepare the jailbreak for your iPhone 3G running iOS 4.1.
- Once the process is complete, check-mark Cydia and any other option that you want to install on your device.
- Now closely follow the onscreen instructions and make sure that you have powered off your iPhone 3G along with properly connecting it to the computer.
- Now take your handset in DFU mode and after some time, leave the “power” button while holding the home button. Wait for the installation to begin.
- Now wait until the installation is finished. Your phone will reboot and you will now have the latest iOS 4.1 Firmware jailbroken on your device.
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample hands-on jailbreaking experience before trying your hands on this one. AddictiveTips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device during the process.