Finally there is some great news for iPod Touch 3G owners looking to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on their iDevice. Although the Dev Team’s famed “Shatter” exploit jailbreak hasn’t been released yet, but iH8sn0w has released Sn0wBreeze Version 2.0.1 that jailbreaks iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G (MC Model) and iPhone 3G/3GS on iOS 4.1.
Here are the step by step instructions on jailbreaking iPod Touch 3G on iOS 4.1. You can also use the same method to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G (MC Model).
- The first step is to download Sn0wbreeze version 2.0.1 along with iOS 4.1 for iPod Touch 3G.
- After the download is complete, move both files to your desktop.
- Now launch Sn0wbreeze and Press OK Button in disclaimer box.
- Press Next and select Expert Mode on resulting screen.
- Once you have selected Expert Mode, press Next and click Browse on this screen.
- Now point it towards the location of downloaded iOS 4.1 for iPod Touch 3G IPSW file on your desktop.
- Wait for Sn0wBreeze to verify IPSE file. Once you see the green IPSW verification message, press Next.
- Now follow on-screen instructions to add more modules to the custom IPSW to be cooked.
- After this, press Start button and wait for the tool to create custom iOS 4.1 jailbroken IPSW for your iPod Touch 3G.
- Once you see the Done message, connect your iPod Touch 3G and Enter Recovery Mode.
- Launch iTunes and hold shift while clicking the Restore button in iTunes and select the custom IPSW you just created.
- Now wait for this custom IPSW Firmware file to be restored on your iPod Touch 3G.
Once the process is complete, you are all set to enjoy jailbroken iOS 4.1 on your iPod Touch 3G.
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample hands-on jailbreaking experience before trying your hands on this one. Addictivetips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device during the process.