iPod Touch 2G owners, we’ve got some good news for you! In case you are running iOS 4.X on your device and have been waiting for a jailbreak to surface, you need to wait no longer. Comex with Dev Team has released the JailbreakMe 2.0 for different iOS devices and fortunately, this also includes your iPod Touch 2G! For more information and our step-by-step guide, read on after the break.
Jailbreaking an iOS device opens it up to whole new possibilities. From apps not available on the official iTunes App Store to hacks and mods through Cydia that are not possible otherwise, it turns your device from a locked-down proprietary one to being closer to a proper handheld computer. That’s why power users look for jailbreaking their Apple devices as soon as they get their hands on them.
iPod Touch 2G owners have so far been out of luck till now when it comes to jailbreaking their devices after upgrading them to iOS 4 or later, but thanks to JailBreakMe 2.0, that is no longer the case.
Here is the step by step guide on jailbreaking your iPod Touch 2G on iOS 4.0 and iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe tool:
- The first step is to connect your iPod Touch to the computer, Launch iTunes and sync your iPod Touch.
- Once the device is synced with iTunes, make sure to backup all your existent data such as contacts, apps, music, photos etc.
- Now restore your iPod Touch 2G to either iOS 4.0 or iOS 4.0.1.
- After restore process is complete, connect your iPod Touch over Wi-Fi to the internet and launch Safari from Spring board.
- Now type “http://jailbreakme.com” and follow the onscreen instructions to jailbreak your device.
- Once the jailbreak process is over, quit Safari and go to main screen on your iPod touch 2G to see if Cydia is present.
There you go! You have successfully jailbroken your iPod Touch on iOS 4.X with JailbreakMe.
Did the method work fine for you? How do you like the experience of having a jailbroken iPod Touch 2G? What are your most favorite Cydia apps for your device? Don’t forget to let us know and share your experience with us in the comments below.