Multitasking is one feature for which iDevices aren’t popular for but still you can do it to your iPhone 3G with Jailbroken OS 4.0.
If you are an established iDevice pawner or developer. These are the detailed steps on how to make your iPhone 3G with OS 4.0 multitask:
- A jailbroken iPhone 3G with OS 4.0
- A Mac because this procedure will not work on Windows OS
- OpenSSH access with your iPhone’s IP identification.
- Firstly you will need to download Fugu on your Mac machine
- After you have finished downloading, launch Fugu and input your iPhone’s IP and root as username in the Fugu interface.
- A default password screen will follow, put alpine as password.
- After you have gained access to your device using Fugu, click the Go T toolbar button
- Now type in the following path in the Go To field “/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/”
- Now press Go and you will be taken to a two-bar screen where one carrying your computer folders and other one showing iphone files.
- Now navigate to the N82AP.plist file and drag-and-drop it in the left panel to make a copy of it on your computer.
- Now open a Finder window by clicking its icon on the doc and also open the N82AP.plist file.
- Now access the capabilities of N82AP.plist by double clicking it and expand the capabilities tab.
- Now right click on the capabilities screen and select Add Row from the context menu.
- Now name the new row as Multitasking and set Boolean as it’s value type.
- Now re-access FUGO and drag the N82AP.plist file from the left bar to the right; select “overwrite” when prompted.
- Now reboot your iPhone 3G and see if all the multitasking features are enabled.