So you might have gained S-Off on your HTC Incredible S but without a custom recovery you wouldn’t get much far with custom ROMs or kernels and more. Talking about custom recoveries will and always brings up the ClockworkMod recovery for Android. You want it on your phone? We’ll tell you how.
Considering you’re here to install ClockworkMod recovery but are wondering what’s the point of it all, refer to our guide on what is ClockworkMod recovery for Android. Basically it would allow you to flash unsigned ROMs or kernels and most addons packed in a .zip format. You can backup your device’s entire image or restore it when the need arises. So on with the installation!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An HTC Incredible S with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the Incredible S.
- ADB installed. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- ClockworkMod recovery image
- To begin, download the recovery image from the link above and copy it to android-sdk-windows\tools on your PC.
- Boot the phone into bootloader mode and connect it to the PC via USB.
- Open command prompt or terminal on your computer and navigate to android-sdk-windows\tools.
- Enter the following commands:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-vivo.img
The ClockworkMod recovery has been installed, so go ahead and reboot the phone now!