View in galleryNo Android device is truly an Android till it has been rooted, something iPhone users refer to as jailbreaking. HTC Sensation 4G is HTC’s hottest Android device as of right now, and in the hands of experienced Android users, it is easily one of the best phones out there. Earlier we covered a guide on gaining S-Off on the Sensation 4G and consequently the installation of ClockworkMod recovery on the device. While there have been temporary roots that have gone around the internet for this device in the past, XDA-Developers forum member ikhzter has put a guide on how to go about gaining permanent root on the Sensation 4G. This root will stick on reboots so no need to worry about loosing root upon reboots.
If you’re wondering if and why you should root your device, see our guide on top 10 reasons to root your Android device. If convinced, we shall move onto a very easy noob friendly rooting guide for the Sensation 4G.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Sensation 4G.
- To begin, download the su-220.127.116.11-ef-signed.zip file from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your device into ClockworkMod recovery. (Hold the Volume down key as your press the Power button. You will enter bootloader mode where you can select Recovery to enter ClockworkMod recovery.)
- In recovery, make a Nandroid backup. (Navigate to Backup & Restore > backup.)
- Once a backup is made, navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the su-18.104.22.168-ef-signed.zip file to flash it.
- Once the file is flashed, simply reboot the device!
Voila! You should now have complete root access on your Sensation 4G. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.