Chances are that a lot of users out there with the Galaxy S II Skyrocket may have either soft bricked their devices or are unhappy with the results of tinkering around with root attempts. Luckily, XDA-developers forum member k0nane has released a package that would allow you to flash your bricked device back to a completely stock state. Of course if you’re doing fine and want to revert to a stock state this would still work for you.
k0nane has also put in another package for the Rogers Galaxy S II as well.
The package is .tar file, that you will need to flash via ODIN and once you do so, your Galaxy S II Skyrocket will be back to a completely stock state.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the tar file onto your PC.
- Run ODIN on the PC.
- In ODIN, hit the PDA button and browse to the .tar file already downloaded. Select that file.
- Check the Auto-Reboot option only. Make sure Re-Partition is unchecked. (Important!)
- Turn off the device and enter download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power + Home Key for a good 3 seconds.
- Once you’ve entered download mode, connect the device to the PC.
- Lastly, hit Start and wait for the process to complete. Once the process completes, the phone will reboot.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.