Huawei U9000 Ideos X6 is a mid tier Android phone that has managed to gain popularity among Androiders looking for a budget handset. The Ideos X6 appeared in a Market ruled by giants like HTC, Samsung, Motorola and LG but was still able to make its mark because of low price and great features. The Huawei Ideos X6 comes with 1.0 GHz Scorpion Processor and has a powerful 5 Megapixel camera capable of recording video at 720p. Apart from this, the handset comes with AOSP Android 2.2 Froyo with possibilities of Gingerbread update after gaining root.
Although the phone has been around for some time, but we weren’t able to find a rooting guide that was easier for all of us to understand. For those who don’t know, rooting your Android phone / tab allows you to get admin access to every nook and corner of your device. Mainly its good to root but if you still need more info regarding pros and cons of rooting, please consult our write up published here.
Rooting your Huawei Ideos X6 isn’t rocket science but still there are chances that you can end up with a bricked device. So if you understand all the risks involved and really want to root your Huawei Ideos X6 U9000 Android phone, then follow the steps listed below:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download the latest Super One Click Rooting application from here and save it on desktop.
- Once done, enable USB Debugging on your phone by going to settings > applications > development and check mark USB debugging option.
- After this connect your phone to the computer and let your computer install the drivers.
- After this, double click on SuperOneClick.exe to start the rooting application.
- On the application main windows, select RageAgainstTheCage exploit.
- Once done, click on Root tab in Super One Click application and wait for the procedure to complete.
- After the procedure is complete, your phone will automatically reboot.
- Once your phone reboots, go to Android Market and download Root Checker app to verify root.
And there you go! You now have your Huawei Ideos X6 rooted and you are now eligible to install root-only apps like Titanium Backup on your phone. In case this method doesn’t work for you, then head to the official SuperOneClick thread link provided in step 1 for live developer support. You can also try the alternative method available here to see if it roots your phone.