In case you are LG Optimus T user and waiting to root your device, then you can do it now. Folks over at Android Central Forums are out with a root for this device which is not so easy for novices, but serves the purpose really well. So let’s cut the talk short and get straight on rooting your LG Optimus T:
In order to root your LG Optimus T, these are prerequisites and requirements:
- Download and Install SUN Java Runtime Environment [JRE]
- Android SDK –You can follow this comprehensive guide to install and learn more about Android SDK plus ADB.
- Pre-installed Drivers for LG Optimus T on your computer. You an download and install these drivers following this guide.
- The first step is to download OptimusRoot.zip (2.2 KB File Size) and save it on your desktop.
- Once downloaded, extract the ZIP file and copy it Android Tools folder created after installing Android SDK.
- Once you are done with this, connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
- Once connected, make sure that you do not mount it as USB Drive. Also enable USB Debugging by launching Settings on your phone and then Applications > Development > USB debugging. Check mark USB debugging in order to enable it.
- Once done, launch the SDK Manager which should be located in your computer’s C drive within Android-SDK-Windows folder.
- Now go to Start > CMD and type the following ADB commands:
adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
cd /data/local/tmp ./rageagainstthecage
- Once done, you will see # symbol instead of the $. In case you see the symbol change, then you are ready to move ahead, otherwise repeat the above steps until you make # display.
- On your phone, launch market and search for SuperUser. Install the app once it shows in the search results. Please note that Superuser is a free app with ChainsDD as it’s developer name.
- Once downloaded, launch the SuperUser app on your phone and tap the settings tab on top right corner of the application screen on your phone.
- In the settings drop down menu, scroll down to the last option that says check for updates. tap on this option and wait for the updates to be found.
- Now exit Superuser and go back to Market on your phone. This time you will need to download Titanium Backup [free edition].
- Once you have downloaded this app, open it and grant Superuser Permission. Superuser will prompt you for Titanium backup seeking SuperUser access, just tap on the OK button.
And there you go! You now have root on your LG Optimus T. In case you are facing any difficult or need support with this method, you can navigate to the official thread at Android Central Forums. If you are still not clear regarding the instructions in this guide, then it is advised to refrain from rooting unless there is a simpler one click method available.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips won’t be responsible for any permanent or non permanent damage that might occur to your device due to this process