LG Thrill 4G, AT & T version of Optimus 3D, was released on 4th September. Apparently some early birds, who opted to go with this handset, identified a method to gain root on this device. With unlocked bootloaders and zero lockable strings attached; Super One Click was able to easily run and root the device. And why should you root your LG Thrill 4G ? Rooting is required if you want to go with custom ROMs, flash custom kernels and want to play Tegra games on your phone. In order to find out more about pros and cons of rooting your Android phone, please consult our article posted here.
Here are the step by step instructions to root LG Thrill 4G with Super One Click Rooting utility:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download SuperOneClick from here, unzip and save the files on your desktop.
- Now grab LG Android drivers from here and install them on your PC.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, enable USB Debugging but do not mount USB Card as flash drive. You can enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Applications > Development And check mark on USB Debugging option.
- After this launch SuperOneClick,exe located on your desktop.
- Now click on root and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the rooting process is complete, reboot your device.
- Now after your device reboots, go to home screen and see if Super User is present. You can also verify root by Root Checker app available in Android Market.
And there you go! You now have your LG Thrill 4G rooted and ready for administrative treatment. You can now download and install Chainfire3D and follow in-app instructions to play Tegra games.