View in galleryMotorola Xoom, is one of the very powerful Android devices out there running Google’s Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS powered by Nvidia’s potent Tegra chipset. That said, there’s news for owners of the Motorola Xoom Wifi, specifically model MZ604. The device has finally been rooted! Can’t wait? Read on for instructions on how to root the Xoom!
The root method is actually very simple especially considering the device at hand and the possibilities rooting actually opens up for your device! Let’s get to it then.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- ADB installed and running on your PC. See our guide on what is ADB and how to use it.
- Motorola USB drivers. Download for 32 bit Windows | for 64 bit Windows; restart PC after installation.
- Fastboot Flash Boot Image file.
- Motorola Xoom Root Kit.
- To begin, download the Root Kit and the Boot Image file and extract both the zip files to any folder.
- Now enter the following commands in in the command prompt, hitting enter after each command (this will wipe your entire device):
adb reboot bootloader fastboot oem unlock adb reboot bootloader fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot reboot adb remount adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko adb push cifs.ko /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko adb push tun.ko /system/lib/modules/tun.ko adb push scsi_wait_scan.ko /system/lib/modules/scsi_wait_scan.ko adb push su /system/bin adb shell ln -s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su adb push Superuser.apk /system/app adb reboot adb shell
Voila! Your Motorola Xoom WiFi is now rooted!