View in galleryRooting and custom recoveries go hand in hand for all Android devices. If you own a Galaxy R I9003 and still haven’t rooted the device, you can now do so thanks to the instructions by legion1911 over at XDA-Developers. The process is neither a one click one, nor a complicated and lengthy one. You will be flashing the recovery via ODIN and moving on to rooting via flashing Superuser from the recovery.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Samsung USB drivers installed. Download USB drivers for 32 bit Windows | 64 bit Windows.
- ODIN installed on your system.
- To begin, download CWM and Superuser from the link above.
- Extract he CWM package to find a .tar file.
- Copy the Superuser file to the root of your SD card.
- Run ODIN and click on PDA and choose the.tar file extracted form CWM when prompted. Makes sure Repartition is un-checked.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer via USB and once you see the device connected in ODIN, hit the Start button.
- ODIN will flash the recovery, and your phone will reboot. You can unplug the phone from your computer.
- Now power off the phone and reboot into recovery. (Hold down the Volume Up and Home Button as you turn the phone on. Let go of the power button once you see the boot splash screen.)
- Make a nandroid backup.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sd card and select the Superuser zip file you copied to the phone earlier.
- Once the file is flashed, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.
All done! your phone should now boot up all rooted. for updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.