Previously we reported that Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 has been rooted successfully by some developers over at XDA-Forums.
Now the good news is that there is a step by step guide available on how to root your Xperia X10 in order to load custom ROMS and hacks. This is an easy rooting guide but you should only attempt this if you have ample rooting experience already. Please read through the complete guide one or two times before you start with the rooting process.
Here is the step by step procedure on how to root your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10:
- The first step is download this file and extract it to your desktop.
- Now follow the instruction in Howto.txt file (comes bundled in the Zip file you just downloaded) to edit DeviceID in registry.
- Once you are done with editing the deviceID, connect your phone to the computer and execute step1.bat. This step will actually flash your phone to R1EA018 –O1B Firmware.
- After the flashing part is done, power off your phone and take out the battery and after 5 seconds reboot your phone again. Now activate USB-Debugging when phone comes in operational state.
- Launch step2.bat file and select the sixth option from the pop-up menu. The phone will again reboot.
- In case you have Xperia X10i, run step3.bat which will install new R2 Baseband for X10i. [Please note that this step is only for X10i users.]
- Now execute the final step4.bat file and this file will actually root your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i.
- Now you have a rooted Xperia X10/X10i and you can find further details regarding this root here.
Disclaimer: Addictivetips will not be responsible in case you brick or incur any other damage to your Xperia X10 during the process.