Finally there is some good news for HTC G2 owners waiting for a single click root to simplify things. Earlier we posted a command line rooting method that was reported as too difficult for certain users. Senior XDA member, Paulobrien, has released a one click temp roort for HTC G2 that is known as VISIONary. The View in galleryname of this rooting app relates to unbranded HTC G2 known as HTC Vision.
Here are the step by step instructions on Rotting your G2 with One Click VISIONary root utility:
- The first step is to download VISIONary Root App for HTC G2 and save it on your desktop.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card.
- Once this is done, copy the downloaded App file to SD Card root.
- Enable USB Debugging as it is required for the root to work.
- Now download Astro or Linda File Manager on your phone from Market. You can simply search the Market with your favored File Manager’s name keyword.
- Once this is done, launch the file manager on your phone.
- Now install VISIONary root file you copied to SD card root following onscreen instruction in file manager.
- Once the installation is done, press home for launcher and you will be able to see VISIONary app’s triangle icon.
- Click the icon and there you go, you have root. You can also set this VISIONary root to work every time you boot your phone.
Please note that this is still a temporary root and we won’t recommend flashing custom ROMs. There will be a permanent root available along with CyanogenMOD ROM so wait for that to happen. Please consult the official thread at XDA forums here to get download link along with any support or help that you might need.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips won’t be responsible for any permanent or no-permanent damage that might incur to your device following this method. Proceed with Caution!