Motorola Droid 4 owners waiting to get root access on your device, we’ve got great news for you. Your wait is over, as the Droid 4 has finally been rooted! Motorola may have been trying hard to lock down their handsets lately but this is a serious blow to all that effort. As ever, we’ve brought you the full method of rooting your Droid 4, so read on after the jump for more information, the download link and the installation instructions.
The exploit used to achieve root access comes in straight from Dan Rosenberg’s blog, but not much is known about the exploit itself or for that matter the success rate. We’re guessing that’s because the devs don’t want Motorola to find out about it soon enough, so that a patch to this exploit that disables this method of gaining root gets delayed as much as possible, keeping root access achievable on this device for as long as possible.
The best thign about this root method is that it is more or less a one click method, making it very easy even for novice Android users to root their Droid 4. There is no need to run any complicated commands from the command line on your PC or Terminal Emulator on your phone, or even flash any files in bootloader or recovery mode. All you have to do is run the provided batch file on your computer with the phone connected in USB debugging mode, and you’ll be rooted.
Had enough details and can’t wait to root your Verizon Driod 4 on Android 2.3 Gingerbread? Here you go!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- First of all, download the ‘Root for Droid 4’ from the link given above and extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your Droid 4 in Settings > Applications > Development.
- Install the Motorola USB drivers for your version of Windows from the links given above, if you don’t have them installed already.
- Now connect your phone to your computer via USB.
- Once connected, open the run the file named run.bat from the folder where you extracted the contents of the downloaded root file.
- Follow any on-screen instructions you get after running that file.