If you have your iPhone 3G or 3GS jailbroken with Spirit jailbreak, you must be missing the ability to sync it with iTunes, as the Spirit method of jailbreaking does not let you perform iTunes syncing post jailbreak. This can be a huge inconvenience, as most iPhone users manage all the content on their iPhone with iTunes. Fortunately, we’ve got some good news for you! An unofficial Spirit jailbreak fix has recently been releases that allows you to sync your iPhone 3G/3GS with iTunes 9.2 even after jailbreaking it with Spirit.
Jailbreaking our iPhones is amongst the first thing power users do when they get a new device, or when a new version of iOS becomes available. While this expands the possibilities of customizing our devices endlessly and installing all sorts of hacks, tweaks and apps not available officially at iTunes, at times this can have unexpected or undesired limitations. That was the case with jailbreaking iPhone 3G or 3GS with the Spirit tool; after jailbreak, iTunes syncing capability was lost, which is a significant handicap as any iPhone user would know. Though that handicap is no more, thanks to this fix.
This is quite an easy fix that doesn’t require any advanced or complicated steps, and gets the job done quickly and efficiently. All it requires is downloading the fix, connecting your phone to the PC and running the fix on your PC. Here is a step by step guide on how to sync your Spirit jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS with iTunes 9.2:
- Please note that you need to have iTunes 9.2 installed on your PC otherwise the spirit.exe file won’t work.
- The first step is to download the Spirit jailbreak Fix.
- Now connect your iPhone 3G/3GS already jailbroken with Spirit to your PC.
- Go to the extracted files folder and double-click spirit.exe.
- Once the spirt.exe is open, click on “Jailbreak”. This will jailbreak your phone again with spirit but this time you will be able to sync your iPhone 3G and 3GS with iTunes 9.2.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips will not be responcible if you incur any kind of damage to your device using this procedure. Please make sure that you have ample jail breaking experience before attempting this one.