If you are a Samsung Galaxy S 4G owner with a bricked device, then you are in luck! 1madfitter, Rootz Wiki Forums member, was able to unbrick his device following a series of “rituals” that otherwise sound pretty weird. Apparently 1madfitter’s Samsung Galaxy S 4G was facing a permanent brick situation with a total blackout of screen and no signs of “life”. The process to get your Samsung Galaxy S 4G Android phone is pretty easy but requires a lot of patience and determination. We weren’t able to figure out the logic behind this unbricking workaround, but as long as the deed is done; who cares!
Here are the step by step instructions to unbrick your Samsung Galaxy S 4G.
It is necessary to mention that bricking scenarios differ from device to device and you might not end up with an unbricked phone at all after following the method.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download ODIN from here, unzip the archive and save the files on your desktop.
- Now download original rooted KD1 modem for Samsung Galaxy S 4G and place it your desktop for ease of access.
- Remove the back cover of your phone followed by pulling the battery out. View in gallery
- After you have removed your phone’s battery, take out the Sim Card as well as SD Card.
- Once done, hold the Volume Up key on your phone and while you holding it, re-insert your phone’s battery.
- After you have inserted the battery back, keep holding the volume up key and connect your phone to the computer via USB cable that came with the phone.
- At this point, your phone should go into Download Mode. If this isn’t the case, repeat the above steps until you manage to get your device in Download Mode.
- Once your phone is in Download Mode, launch ODIN on your PC. ODIN will indicate a yellow com port confirming the presence of your phone.
- Now uncheck all other options other than Auto Reboot.
- Click on PDA tab and select KD1 Modem available on your desktop.
- After this press on start and sit back while ODIN flashes the KD1 stock rooted radio on your phone.
- Once the flashing / installation of KD1 on your SGS 4G is complete, it will auto-reboot.
And there you go! You now have a completely ubricked Samsung Galaxy S 4G complete with root and a stock modem. In case you are facing any issues or want to discuss nature of your phone’s brick state further, then head to the official Rootz Wiki Forums thread posted here.