View in galleryWhile we mostly cover the rooting of phones because that is what majority of users are looking forward to do on their Android devices, there are the occasional users who may want to unroot their device or return it to stock condition. If you are one such HTC Legend user and are looking to unroot your device, we have devised a stepwise procedure for you to follow and turn the time clock of your phone right back to when it was in factory condition:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Update: The required files don’t seem to be available anymore, and we can’t find any mirrors either.
- A rooted HTC Legend, obviously.
Zip Image to unroot to software version 1.31
- Zip Image to unroot to software version 2.03
Warning: You will lose all data on your phone so back it up before proceeding. (SD card data will be safe.)
- Download the selected Zip image for the software version that you want to unroot to.
- Place the image on the root of your SD card.
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and power up the phone.
- The phone will detect the LEGEIMG.zip file on the SD card and ask you for the upgrade, or in this case a downgrade. Select YES and wait for the installation to finish.
Congratulations! your phone is now back to its unrooted self.
For any issues during the procedure or questions, please head over to the XDA-Developers forum thread.