View in galleryEarlier we brought you a guide on rooting the Droid Razr, before it actually hit the masses. Today we bring you a guide on unrooting the Razr in case users want to revert back to a completely unrooted state for whatsoever reasons. Unrooting your Droid Razr is now as easy as it was rooting it, all packed in a One Click package. The script is by DooMLoRd, the developer of the famous and popular zergRush exploit that has helped root a number of devices. Therefore it is important that the Droid Razr you’re coming from, was rooted using DooMLoRds rooting script or you will end up with a mess on your hands. So if you have the slightest doubt about how your Droid Razr was rooted, do no proceed.
Credits to XDA-Developers forum member Droidel for discovering this and not only sharing the information with us, but actually testing it on his own Razr XT912 to verify that the script works just fine. So let’s get on with it!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Droid Razr of course.
- Motorola USB drivers for Windows 32 bit | 64 bit
- DooMLoRds Unrooting script.
- To begin, download the script and extract it on your PC.
- make sure USB Debugging is enabled in Settings > Applications > Development.
- Check Enable Unknown Sources as well.
- Connect the device to the PC and set it to Charge Mode only.
- Open the extracted unrooting script package and run RUNME-UNROOT.bat to begin the unrooting process and follow the onscreen instructions the CMD window.
One the process completes, try to run apps like ROM Manager or Titanium Backup to check whether root access has been removed or not.