We did get some unconfirmed rumors that there was a test group of Motorola Droid users who were getting the final Android 2.2 Update on their devices.
The rumors are now confirmed and if you have a rooted Motorola Droid, you can put Android 2.2 Froyo FRF84B onto it. Here is the step by step guide on how to upgrade your Motorola Droid to the latest Android 2.2 Froyo FRF84B.
- The first step is to make sure that you have rooted Motorola Droid. The detailed rooting instructions can be found here.
- Now download the Froyo FRF84B and connect your phone to the computer. After this mount SDcard and copy the downloaded file in SDcard root. It is better to rename the file to update.zip.
- It is recommended to backup your data just in case something goes wrong while flashing the ROM.
- There won’t be a need to wipe or clean your cache or data if you are already running Android 2.2 on your rooted Motorola Droid.
- Now put your phone in recovery mode and follow the onscreen instructions to flash the new file.
- Once the installation is finished, simply reboot your phone. to cross check if every thing went alright, go to setting > About Phone > Build. If the build is FRF84B, then you have successfully updated your rooted Motorola Droid.
This build can install over FRF57 build, but in case you face any problem during installation, then simply wipe and clear your cache and try re-flashing the ROM.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips won’t be responsible for any damage incurred to your device using this method. Please follow this procedure at your own risk!