If you are a developer for Windows Phone 7 and are not allowed to post your new app to the Marketplace because of your location, this can be quite a big problem. Also in some countries Marketplace offers limited functionality and availability for a lot of apps. If you are not happy with the Marketplace of your country and want to switch over, it is just like moving to a completely new country (at least that’s how your WP7 device will think of it). There is a simple (albeit irreversible) way of doing this which will turn your Marketplace into the Marketplace of the country of your choice. Of course you will only be able to use the Marketplace of one country at a time, but that should not be much of an issue if you revert to the US Marketplace (as most region-specific apps work in the US).
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
The dangerous looking disclaimer you see above is there for the reason that once you have gone through successfully with this procedure, there won’t be a way back to get to your original country’s Marketplace using the same credentials. Plus you might lose access to important updates aimed at your native country. But if you still desperately need to access a foreign Marketplace, here’s what you have to do.
- Make sure that you are not subscribed to Zune with the information you are going to use for your foreign account.
- On your PC, go to Control Panel and open Language and Region Settings and enter the Location tab.View in gallery
- Change your location to the country whose Marketplace you want to access.
- Head over to Zune’s website and create an account there, choosing the country of your choice as your location.
- While filling out credit card information, give all the correct information, except your address. In the address field, input the postal code of the country you chose earlier (search it over the net).
These simple steps let you get a Zune account in ay country you want but with the downside discussed above. Of course, your credit card data will remain safe even if you apply this procedure, although purchasing apps in this manner is another matter. If your country is supported by Windows Phone, you can buy apps, otherwise you will just be able to enjoy the free ones.