To gain complete command over your Android device, you need to have root access over it. And for that, an essential step is to gain S-off. Tablets are a relatively newer addition to the mobile world, so as common sense points out, less work has been done on hacking these devices. But thanks to a newly developed tool named Revolutionary (by team AlphaRev and Unrevoked), HTC tablets can now gain S-Off pretty easily. This is indeed good news for all HTC owners, and if you have a View 4G, you have arrived at just the right place to view the that will cater to all your rooting needs.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- You need to have 1.09.0000 or 1.13.0000 device boot version on your View, and it is essential that you check your device’s settings to double-check its compatibility with Revolutionary.
- Go through the documentation for Revolutionary provided here.
- All syncing tools need to be uninstalled from your PC.
- Download the Fast Boot drivers, provided on this link.
Once you have fulfilled these pre-requisites, you are ready to proceed.
- Install the recently downloaded drivers to your PC.
- Restart your tablet. This step is only necessary if you have temp root on your device.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB cable turning USB debug mode on. This should be done without accessing fastboot.
- Head to the Revolutionary site and grab the tool for your platform (Windows or Linux). As soon as you click on the download link, a form will pop open. Leave it untouched for now.
- Run the tool you just downloaded. It will provide you with a key.
- Go back to the pop-up form, and enter the key generated by the tool.
- After the completion of the form, you will be assigned a beta key. Keep it saved somewhere.
- Go back to the tool which generated the key and paste the new beta key in it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions which mostly comprise of simply clicking the “Next” button and are pretty self-explanatory.
Once the program is done with your device, you will have S-off on it, along with CWM (if you chose to install it during set up). Now your HTC View has finally gained freedom and you can unleash its full potential in any way you want.