From the RCTeam we now have the RCMix3D 234 ROM for the Desire HD which is based on Android 2.3.4 and sports the latest Sense 3.0 UI. The RCTeam has been bringing us quite a few wonderful ROMs in the past on the HTC Android devices and most of the work has been around porting ROMs from one device to another. According to them, “we enjoy the fun of making something run on the phone that was not meant to.” This rom is based on RUU Pyramid HTC Android 2.3.4 China.
The ROM is the first Sense 3.0 ROM based on Android 2.3.4 to be coming out for the Desire HD. Previously plenty of ROMs were coming out for the device with Sense 3.0 but based on Android 2.3.3. The RCMix3D ROM is fit enough to be used as a daily driver but nonetheless, a few bugs exist here and there.
- Camera is buggy.
- Wi-Fi DHCP. (Use static IP matching for your network to make Wi-Fi work.)
- USB mount. (use auto mount from market, or reboot with cable connected, rerun setup and internal USB mount app will work. Must be done each time you need to mount.)
As for the features:
- An advanced power menu has been added.
- CRT effects have been added.
- Fully deodexed.
- The Trends widget has been added and is fully functional. Something that was previously missing on the Desire HD with Sense 3.0.
- A few apps missing, as they need to be resized.
You can also catch a few screenshots of the ROM as it is courtesy of the developers.
So if you’re like us and want to give it a go just for the heck of it despite the few bugs here and there, let us show you how you can do just that, in a few easy steps.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted HTC Desire HD. See our guide on permanently rooting the Desire HD.
- A custom recovery installed. See what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to install it.
- RCMix3D v1.0 ROM.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select wipe data factory/reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Selecting the ROM will initiate the installation of the ROM, so wait for the process to complete, and once it does, simply reboot your device.
That’s it, you should now boot into the RCMix3D ROM for the Desire HD. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.