The HTC Vivid boasts an 8MP AF camera with the ability to record videos at 1080p. However it’s Android, and with that label comes the urge to increasingly push a device to its limit. Camera Mods are not really a new concept and have been around for quite a while now. However, as the camera sensors and over all technology crept to astonishing heights, it is only fair that all that potent hardware is used at its maximum potential. Something like this happened for the HTC Sensation a while back, where the device could record full HD videos at 40mbps! Stuff like 0 compression on JPG images (photos taken), experimental addition of ISO 1250 mode and more were part of the deal. In short, huge improvement in the video and photo quality overall was achieved. Well guess what? The HTC Vivid just got all that! In fact, XDA-Developers forum member zacgoesrawr has simply ported the mod for the Sensation onto the Vivid. So if you’re hungry for some uber camera improvement on your HTC Vivid, read on after the break.
The mod is available for the Inquisition ROM and for all Sense 3.6 based ROMs. It is important to not that this is currently a project that is not entirely complete and zacgoesrawr is currently working on it to add more stuff. So what do you get with this mod?
- Uncapped JPEG File size resulting in great photo quality.
- Uncapped Video, recording 40MBPS.
- The experimental ISO 1250 mode.
You may need to have a Class 6 or higher SD card in your device, to avoid any problems. So let’s get down to how you can install this mod on your Vivid!
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your device gets bricked or damaged in any other way due to this method.
- A rooted HTC Vivid with custom recovery installed. See our guide on all in one toolkit for HTC Vivid here, to root your device and install a custom recovery.
- Camera Mod for Inquisition ROM | Sense 3.6 ROMs.
- To begin, download the mod depending on your ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Boot the device into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the mod file.
- Once the mod is flashed, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.