HTC myTouch 4G Slide emerged as a high-tier Android device but wasn’t able to gain much popularity due to thin participation of underground developer community. The phone was rooted after couple of hours of its release but the ROM and custom kernel development have been moving at a snail’s speed. The main reason behind this lack of dev interest is unreleased kernel sources which are direly required to cook custom bacon for any Android phone or tab. Lately Undeadk9, Senior XDA Member, has managed to tweak the stock kernel in order to enhance user experience and save battery. The kernel doesn’t offer any overclocking or undervolting options and the main crux of this release is to make the phone work better while on stock firmware / ROM.
Here is the step by step guide to flash this Tweaked Stock Kernel on myTouch 4G Slide:
Important: Please note that this kernel is a pre-Alpha release and isn’t intended for non-experienced folks with lesser exposure to Android flashing / rooting. AddictiveTips or the developer of this kernel will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Requirements: View in gallery
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone along with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. You can see the links in requirements sections to gain S-Off followed by root and then flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Now download the Tweaked Custom Kernel for myTouch 4G Slide from requirements section above and save it on your PC.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card and copy the downloaded kernel file to SD Card root.
- After you are done with copying the kernel, disconnect your phone from computer and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once you are in the recovery main menu, go to Advanced option and select Wipe Dalvik Cache from the resulting menu.
- Now go back to recovery main menu and Wipe Cache from the available option.
- After this use Install Zip from SD Card to flash / install the kernel.
- Once the flashing / installation process is complete, reboot your device.
And there you go! You now have a modified kernel and you should be able to see betterment in overall performance of the phone. In case you are stuck or need hands-on developer support, then consult the official XDA custom kernel thread posted in requirements section.