Sprint Epic 4G touch is Samsung Galaxy S II variant for US customers and was able to grab a lot of developer attention following it’s release. We have previously covered rooting method for this phone along with a custom kernel that basically allows overclocking up to a whooping 1.6 GHz. The best part is ClockworkMod Recovery that is flashed on your phone as soon as you root it via ODIN method. After the availability of ClockworkMod Recovery for Epic 4G Touch, ROM developers / chefs can be seen in action and there are a couple of custom ROMs available for this phone already. These custom ROMs are based on stock firmware with less bloatware and other customizations that allow enhanced user experience. Of course lots of users are waiting for CyanogenMod and MIUI, but it will take sometime for these ROM versions to surface for Epic 4G Touch.
AEMod is one such custom ROM that is based on stock firmware but comes with added BusyBox and is View in galleryfully deodexed for optimum user experience. Apart from this, the ROM also boasts of removed bloatware, latest SuperUser app, hacker’s keyboard and CRT OFF animation.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Here is the step by step guide to install AEMod custom ROM on Epic 4G Touch:
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Now download AEMod Custom ROM for Epic 4G Touch on your computer.
- After this connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card and copy the download ZIP file to SD Card root.
- Once done, power off your device and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can reboot into recovery by holding volume up button along with power button.
- Once you are in the recovery made, use onscreen options to make a complete Nandroid backup.
- After you are done making the backup, go back to recovery main menu and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- After you are done wiping, use Install Zip from SD Card option to flash / install AEMod ROM.
- Once done, reboot your phone.
And if everything went as planned, you will now be booting into AEMod ROM. In case you are having issues or want to thank RoadRagen, ROM developer, then head to the official XDA ROM thread posted here.