Bootlace from Cydia allows you to install the newest Android 2.2.1 Froyo on your iPhone 3G and 2G without the need of PC. Previously we saw iPhoDroid doing the same job for installing Android 2.2 Froyo on the same iDevices. The greatest aspect of this Android to iDevice port is perhaps it’s standalone installation which doesn’t require you to connect your phone to the PC at all. All you need is a jailbroken iPhone 3G / 2G and Cydia installed to make this happen. This build of Android port on iPhone 2G require you to have a jailbroken iPhone 2G on iOS 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. In case you are looking to install this Android build on iPhone 3G, then you can also do it on iOS 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1 along with iOS 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. Please note that this hack will only work on devices that have been jailbroken with Blackra1n, PwnagTool and Redsn0w. This certainly indicates that Sn0wbreeze jailbreakers are out of luck for this one.
Here are the step by step instructions on installing Android 2.2.1 Froyo on iPhone 2G/ 3G with Bootlace:
It is recommended that you have your iPhone connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection before attempting this guide.
- The first step is to launch Cydia on your phone.
- Once done, go to manage > Sources > Edit > Add and type the following URL: http://repo.neonkoala.co.uk.
- After the repo is added in Cydia, go to Cydia search and type Bootlace.
- Now install Bootlace 2.1 and ext Cydia after installation is finished.
- Launch Bootlace from springboard.
- Now tap on OpeniBoot and press the green install button and wait for the installation is finished.
- Once OpeniBoot is installed, tap on iDroid and install.
- After iDroid finishes installing, tap on Quickboot followed by tapping on the Android logo.
- Press Yes on the warning prompt and you will be booted into Android straight away!
Now enjoy the power of resilient Android OS on your jailbroken iPhone!