Oxygen ROMs are AOSP ROMs, ones that are similar to CyanogenMod ROMs, in nature and in recognition. These ROMs are super fast, minimal and give you the most pure Gingerbread experience. While these ROMs started out for the HTC Desire and Desire HD, it has now found it’s way onto the brilliant Nexus S, thanks to XDA-Developers forum member AdamG. The ROM is the first of its type for the Nexus S and hence it has been labeled as a test ROM. More on it and how to install it on your Nexus S after the break.
Credit goes to thalamus, schiznik / killkennys (Hosting), jazzk – Battery percentage, st0kes, Cyanogen.
The ROM is not a mod or port of any HTC / CyanogenMod or any custom ROM for that matter and has been built from scratch. The app sports the following features:
- Linux kernel v2.6.35.x.
- Minimal Google apps.
- Superuser and Busybox.
- Adhoc wifi network support.
- Advanced power menu with reboot options.
- Custom auto backlight settings.
- Customizable status bar power widget.
- Download any file type.
- Facebook contacts sync.
- Headset Icon.
- Hdpi Icons.
- Improved widget picker.
- Long press back to kill mod (must be activated in Oxygen Settings.).
- Optional battery percentage.
- Text reflow when zooming.
- Various other tweaks and features.
Now that you know what this ROM is all about, let’s get it up and running on your device!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Nexus S. See our guide on how to root Nexus S.
- A custom recovery installed. See what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to install it.
Oxygen Test ROMOxygen ROM Stable now available.
- To begin, download the ROM from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Once done, reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup and wipe data/factory reset.
- Wipe cache and dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and choose the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is flashed, reboot the phone.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.