View in galleryMIUI ROMs are known for the elegance and simplicity and not to mention the extremely user friendly UI. This ROM has no found it’s way onto the Nexus S 4G after quite a while, and it is looking promising. For more information on MIUI, you can visit our post on what is MIUI ROM for Android. For more information on this ROM and how to install it on the Nexus S 4G, read on!
The ROM is based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread, and sports the following changes from the base ROM:
- Removed: MIUI App Sharing | MIUI OTA Updater | MIUI Bootscreen | SIM Toolkit.
- Added: Custom Bootscreen | English Translations | Google Maps | Google Voice Search | MIUI.us Forum app.
Now that you’ve acquainted yourselves with MIUI and the updates, let’s get this ROM up and running on the Nexus S 4G!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Nexus S 4G. See our guide on rooting the Nexus S 4G.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed (Install via ROM Manager.).
MIUI 1.6.10(This version of the ROM seems to have been removed. You can download this Nexus S 4G port of ICS-based MIUI from MIUIAndroid forums.)
- To begin, download the ROM from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Once done, reboot into recovery by pressing the Volume down, Home and Power buttons together, letting go of the power button when the boot screen appears.
- Make a nandroid backup by navigating to backup/restore > backup.
- Navigate to wipe factory/data reset and select it.
- Do the same for wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is flashed, simply reboot the device.