Samsung Galaxy S II has finally tasted the goodness of MIUI ROM. Yes, we have confirmation of an aplha version of a working MIUI port for the Galaxy S II. This has been made possible by XDA-Developers forum member bmarko82 and will have a lot of Galaxy S II users excited. Read on for more on the ROM and how to install it on your device!
As mentioned earlier, the ROM is in alpha stage, meaning quite a few things are non functional at this moment and some bugs may exist. The following features are functioning at this point:
- The ROM boots up fine.
- Touch input works.
- Hardware keys are functional.
- Internal storage and SD card are working.
- Wi-Fi works but crashes at times.
Phone and data connections are not working at this point, neither is the GPS and sound. Auto rotation sensor is broken for now.
Now that you know what this ROM is all about, let’s get it up and running on your device!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Galaxy S II. See our guide on how to root the Galaxy S II.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. (Install via ROM Manager.)
- MIUI 1.6.17 ROM – Alpha.
- To begin, download the ROM from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Once done, reboot into recovery by pressing the Volume down, Home and Power buttons together, letting go of the power button when the boot screen appears.
- Make a nandroid backup by navigating to backup/restore > backup.
- Navigate to wipe factory/data reset and select it.
- Do the same for wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is flashed, simply reboot the device.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.