Google started to roll out Android 2.3.5 update for some select devices couple of days back. And as soon as the source code was made available, developers for different android devices got hard at work to port this new Android 2.3.5 on their respective phones. Something similar happened with Samsung Galaxy S II and AdamG, the brain behind minimal and rock stable Oxygen ROMs, rolled out AOSP GRJ90 Android 2.3.5 based ROM for for Samsung Galaxy S II. The main features of this ROM are:
- Linux Kernel 220.127.116.11
- Android 2.3.5 GRJ90
- SIP calling over 3G
- Battery Percentage [Optional]
- Facebook Contacts Sync
- Auto Backlight Mod Enabled
- Ability To Download Any File Type
- Enhanced And Optimized Widget Picker
Here is the step by step guide to Install Android 2.3.5 based Devnull Test ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S II:
Please note that this guide is only intended for Samsung Galaxy S II users with root and ClockworkMod Recovery Installed. Check links in reference section under the guide to root your device and after that install ROM Manager and flash CWM recovery.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download the ROM from here and save it on you phone’s SD Card or SD Ext.
- Once done, reboot your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery via button combination or ROM Manager.
- After you are in CWM Recovery, make a NANDROID backup of your current ROM.
- Now use volume keys and home button to format /data and /system. The option to format / System and / Data are located in mounts and storage menu of CWM Recovery.
- Once you are done with the step above, go to Install Zip from SD Card and select to flash the ROM zip file you earlier copied to SD Card root.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your device.
- After first reboot, again restart your device and you are all set to enjoy the awesomness of AOSP 2.3.5 GB on your phone.
Root Galaxy S II