In case you are a Samsung Infuse 4G owner and were waiting for MIUI custom ROM for your device, then your wait is over now! MikeyMike01, XDA Recognized Developer, has managed to port Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread based MIUI Custom ROM on Samsung Infuse 4G. For those who don’t know, MIUI is a custom firmware / system for select Android devices with root. The main purpose of these custom ROMs is to enhance user experience and also to provide stability. MIUI ROMs have managed to gain a huge fan base due to the functionality it offers and greater aesthetic values. MIUI ROMs were initially criticized for their striking resemblance to iOS UI, but later extraordinary amount of themes and mods managed to silence the critics.
The MIUI port on Infuse 4G is almost perfect with bots and pieces that still need a bit of consideration from the developers As per the developer of this port, everything is working except minor glitches with Bluetooth connectivity and negative HDMI out.
Here is the step by step guide to install Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread based MIUI 1.9.23 on Samsung Infuse 4G:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your Infuse 4G along with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Now download the ROM zip file from here and save it on your desktop.
- Once done. connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card as flash drive and copy the downloaded ROM zip file to SD Card root.
- Once you are done copying the file, disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Now reboot your device in ClockworkMod Recovery after powering it off.
- After you are able to get in CWM Recovery, Scroll download and select Wipe Cache Partition.
- Once the cache partition has been wiped, use Wipe Data / Factory Reset option to wipe data.
- After this, navigate to install zip from SD Card option and select to install MIUI ROM on your Infuse 4G.
- After the installation is complete, your device will reboot and you will land in the awesomeness of MIUI.
The first boot into MIUI can take up to 5 minutes so hang in there while it is in the process. Most of the users who have managed to get this ROM working on their phone report excellent stability. In case you are facing any difficulty and want Live developer support, then head to the official XDA MIUI port thread for Infuse 4G posted here.