There is an Android 2.3 theme available for HTC Droid Eris running Android 2.2 FroYo based CyanogenMod 6.2 ROMs so if you own the device and want to keep CyanogenMod 6.2 installed on it but want Gingerbread looks without having to flash a new Gingerbread ROM to it, read on for the download link and installation instructions.
Developed by XDA-Developers forum member SicNside, this theme works on both the official Android 2.2 FroYo based CyanogenMod 6.2 ROM and custom ROMs based on that ROM. It is not intended for other versions of CyanogenMod ROMs or custom ROMs based on those. Amongst the CyanogenMog 6.2 based ROMs for the HTC Droid Eris, it has been tested on CELB Froyo 4.0, FroShedYo.V10 and Kaosfroyo-v39 ROMs but may work on others as well.
The theme features a fully Gingerbread style UI and additionally, the developer has made available a wallpaper and a dock icon as well as a custom background for LauncherPro that you can use. The theme does not include a Gingerbread keyboard but a working one by XDA-Developers forum member 5thAgent is being provided as a flashable zip.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
To install this theme:
- Download the theme (and the Gingerbread keyboard if you want it as well) from the link given below and copy it to the root of your storage card.
- In case you have made changes to your CyanogenMod User Interface settings, go to Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User Interface > Tweak Extras and reset those to default.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Take a nandroid backup.
- Wipe the dalvik cache from the advanced menu.
- Get back to the main menu and flash the theme from recovery.
- Reboot your device from recovery.
- Go to Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User Interface > Tweak extras > Select a theme and choose Gingerbread.
- Reboot your phone.
- In case you want the Gingerbread keyboard, repeat steps 3 to 7 but flash the keyboard’s zip file in step 6.
To install the wallpaper, dock background and icon, just extract the contents of that zip file to your computer and copy them over to your phone’s SD card. You can then set the wallpaper as any other Android wallpaper, and go to LauncherPro settings to set the dock background and icon.
Download Gingerbread Theme for CyanogenMod HTC Droid Eris
Download Gingerbread Keyboard
Download Dock, Icon & Wallpaper