View in galleryWe have confirmation of Android 3.0 Honeycomb being ported to the Galaxy S I9000. Better late then never we guess. The ROM has been made possible by the K&C Team at XDA-Developers with support from Codewrorkx, Coolya and Byapass23. More on the ROM and how you can install it on your device, after the break.
The ROM, like most other Honeycomb ports out there, is not suitable as a daily driver. Most features are missing with only a few features functioning.
- You can send and receive texts but calls cannot be made or received.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Data connectivity are not working.
- No Audio output.
- GPS, Internal SD and Hardware Acceleration is functioning.
The installation procedure is a breeze considering the task at hand.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S. See our guide on how to root the Samsung Galaxy S. Additionally, see our guide on how to root the Samsung Galaxy S on a MAC.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed.See how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy S.
- A Froyo based ROM installed. This is crucial otherwise you WILL softbrick your phone.
- Honeycomb For Galaxy S I9000.
- To begin, download the ROM from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Once done, reboot into recovery by pressing the Volume down, Home and Power buttons together, letting go of the power button when the boot screen appears.
- Make a nandroid backup by navigating to backup/restore > backup.
- Navigate to wipe factory/data reset and select it.
- Do the same for wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > GalaxyComb.zip.
- Once the ROM is flashed, simply reboot the device.
That was it! You should now boot into the Honeycomb OS. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.