Honeycomb (Android 3.0) has been ported to myTouch 4g thanks to the Nexus One. How? Well, folks at XDA-Developers have managed to port the Honeycomb SDK release for Nexus One, onto the myTouch 4G and named it, RoyalHoney. Hats off to these guys! For more information on this ROM and how to install it on your myTouch 4g, read on!
This ROM, like all other Honeycomb SDK releases, is still for testing purposes only and does not serve the devices everyday purpose to the fullest. Here’s a list of what’s functional and what’s not:
- SMS (incoming / outgoing).
- Only a few Google apps work.
- 3d acceleration with a few glitches.
- LED lights upon charging.
- Data is functional.
- Flash LED works.
- Orientation sensors work.
- Trackball notifications are working.
- No incoming / outgoing calls.
- Bluetooth is broken and so is WiFi, GPS and sound output.
Now, bearing in mind these specs, if you still want to take this port up for a spin, let’s help you out with that.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted myTouch 4G. See our guide on how to root the myTouch 4g.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed on you phone. See our guide on how to install ClockworkMod recovery on myTouch 4g.
- Download RoyalHoney ROM.
- To begin, copy the ROM you downloaded to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Once you’ve entered recovery mode, navigate to ‘install zip from sdcard’ > ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the the ROM you downloaded and the recovery will prompt you with a confirmation for installation. Select Yes and let the installation begin.
- Wait for the installation to finish and once it does, reboot your phone.
That’s it! Your phone should now boot into Honeycomb! For updates and queries visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers. Do let us know how this ROM faired for you.