Android 3.2.2 Honeycomb for Motorola Xoom 4G started rolling out couple of days ago. Senior XDA member and developer, Solarnz, has released a custom ROM based on this new 3.2.2 rollout. Everything in this ROM is stock and pre-rooted. The ROM can be flashed on any Motorola XOOM variant, but 3G/4G will work only on 4G Xoom’s. As the update is still very new so we aren’t sure what’s added or subtracted from this build. This ROM will definitely make life easier for folks who didn’t update to stock Android 3.2.2 due to root on their devices.
Here is the step by step guide to install Android 3.2.2 Honeycomb stock pre-rooted ROM on Motorola Xoom:
Please note that this method is only applicable for users who have root on their device along with View in galleryClockworkMod Recovery installed. You can use the search feature on our site to get rooting and related instructions.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download the Android 3.2.2 ROM for Motorola Xoom and save the file on your desktop.
- Once done, connect your tab to the computer, mount SD Card or SD Ext and copy the downloaded Zip file to SD Card root.
- After this reboot your device in recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery, make Nandroid backup so that you have the option to restore your tab if anything goes wrong.
- Now use recovery option to Factory reset your tab.
- After this, use “Install Zip from SD Card” option to flash / install Android 3.2.2 Honeycomb on your Motorola Xoom.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your device.
And there you go! You are now on the latest Android Honycomb version and are all set to explore what’s new. In case you are facing any issues or just want to thank the ROM chef, please head to the official XDA thread.