View in galleryThe Incredible S gets Ice Cream Sandwich! XDA-Developers forum member nikhil007mmus did not wait around for ICS to find its way onto the device, and so has been the case for many developers for a lot of Android handsets. The ROM – a beta for now – does have a few bugs right now but is pretty much stable as far as basic phone functions are concerned. Credit also goes to st.matt, Lordclockan, dh.harald, Twistedumbrella, Shaky153 and z3freak.
Before we go ahead with getting this ROM up and running on your device, you should know what you’re dealing with. Stuff like H/W video acceleration, tethering, UMS, USB Tethering and Camera are broken for now. The rest is pretty stable.
- An Incredible S with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the Incredible S.
- A rooted Incredible S. See our guide on rooting the Incredible S.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Incredible S.
- ICS ROM for Incredible S.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is chosen, it will be flashed to the device and will take a few minutes.
- When the ROM is installed, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.