While many custom Android ROMs have been cooked for the HTC Inspire 4G including some ports from the HTC Desire HD, one of the most popular ROMs currently available for the device is the Android Revolution 4G. The Revo 4G offers a a lot smoother use in terms of scrolling, swiping between sense screens and a much nicer feel to it. Read on for full feature list and tutorial on how to install this ROM.
The ROM is based on FAndroid 2.2.1 Froyo and includes a tweaked and undervolted kernel which also offers overclocking for a performance increase with increased battery life – every user’s dream! The full list of extensive features and changes from the stock ROM are mentioned below:
- Latest Android Froyo 2.2.1
- Tweaked and Undervolted Kernel
- HSUDP enabled
- No Visual Changes
- Overclocking enabled up to 1.22GHz in Kernel. Use SetCPU to set your clock speed to your preference.
- Additional CPU governors
- GPU Patched for improved performance
- Root & Superuser rights
- Unsecured boot.img
- RAM & Speed optimizations
- Bloatware removed
- Improved Camera performance
- Fully Deodexed
- Wifi Module improved drivers
- Excellent battery life
- Speaker Volume increased by 20%
- Device partitions are now EXT4
- SD card EXT4 Support.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted HTC Inspire 4G with S-OFF and ClockworkMod recovery installed (See how to permanently root HTC Inspire 4G with Hack Kit)
- Android Revolution 4G ROM
- Gingerbread Launcher (Optional).
- Download the ROM from any of the above mentioned sources.
- Confirm Checksum to be sure of file integrity (It should be FEF0F9CBF83ADC4D9EAFF607E2515955)
- Place the ROM on your SD Card.
- Power off your device.
- Press and Hold the Volume Up button and press the Power button to boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Wipe Cache.
- Select “install zip from SD card”
- Next select “choose zip from SD card” and browse to the location of the ROM.
- Let the installation complete.
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset again.
- Optionally select “chooze zip from SD card” again and browse to the location of the Gingerbread Launcher.
- Wipe Cache again and reboot.
Congratulations! Your Inspire 4G is now running the Android Revolution 4G ROM! The feedback for the ROM has been excellent and we recommend you to try it out. For any issues regarding the installation , there is an extensive FAQ over at the XDA-Developers forum thread where you can also stay up-to-date with the ROM’s latest developments.