HTC Sensation is perhaps the hottest phone of the year with some brilliant features and now an unlocked bootloader. And for those who have liberated their devices by gaining S-OFF using Revolutionary plus a custom recovery and root, then there is more awesomeness queued up. HTC Sensation comes with dual core processor and now there is a custom ROM that actually utilizes dual-core to give enhanced and optimum user experience. The ROM is called Android Revolution HD and has so far unanimously won the title of best custom ROM there is for Sensation and Sensation 4G.
The ROM comes from XDA Recognized Developer mike1986 and is capable to give complete dual-core support. The full dual core support basically means that you get full advantage of this processor type that results in butter-like smoothness and some extra speed while you multitask. The ROM comes with a whooping 1.83 GHz overclock preset and is based on the official HTC Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread build featuring exclusivity of Sense 3.0.
You can follow the direction provided below to install / flash Android Revolution HD 2.3.4 Gingerbread ROM on your HTC Sensation:
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample rooting, hacking and flashing experience before you try this hack. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible if you end up damaging your device
You will need to have S-OFF on your HTC Sensation along with root and ClockworkMod Recovery installed for this to work. You can find all the tutorials and goodies here.
- The first step is to grab the latest version of the ROM from here and save the zip file on your desktop. If you are coming from another custom ROM, then you will also need to download and copy SuperWipe to your SD Card.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer and mount SD Card.
- Now copy the downloaded file(s) to SD Card root.
- After you are done with copying the file, reboot your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery. You can boot your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery by first powering it off and then rebooting while holding the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- In the CWM recovery main menu, go to Install Zip from SD Card and select Super Wipe to flash.
- Once the Super Wipe scripts has finished doing it’s job, go to Install Zip from SD Card option and select Android Revolution ROM to flash.
- After the flashing / installation procedure is complete, reboot your device!
And there you go! You are now running the ROM that truly unleashes the power and potential of dual-core. In case you are stuck, want to thank the rom developer or need more information, then go to the link provided in first step.