Oxygen Version 0.2 Beta Android 2.2.1 Froyo is a custom ROM for your HTC desire if you are not a big theming fan. This AOSP ROM from XDA Developer and hacker, AdamG, is built with a minimalistic approach and is claimed to be super duper fast with virtually no bugs on board. The unique aspect of this ROM is that it’s a build from scratch and doesn’t carry any other developer’s bloatware and / or tweaks whatsoever.
Here are some of the features of this ROM as per the ROM chef:
- Android v2.2.1 built from AOSP
- Linux kernel v22.214.171.124
- Latest Google Apps
- Superuser v126.96.36.199
- Busybox v1.17.3
- Latest Zeam Launcher
- Adblock support for S-OFF users
- Adhoc wifi support
- Advanced power widget
- Any file type downloading
- FM Radio
- Legacy A2SD with support for EXT2/3/4
- Dalvik2Cache support for N1Table HBoot users View in gallery
- Reboot menu
We believe that this ROM will be battery effective too because of absent theming and extensive tweaking.
Update: The ROM doesn’t seem to be available anymore. We recommend you install rooted official Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM instead. See our guide for more details, download link and installation instructions.
Here is the step by step method to flash / install Oxygen Version 0.2 AOSP Android 2.2.1 ROM on your root attained HTC Desire:
Please note that we have used ClockworkMod Recovery to install this ROM. If you have some other recovery image already flashed, you are free to use it.
- The first step is to download the ROM zip file
from here(not available anymore) and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, launch Market on your phone and install the latest ROM Manager version.
- Now connect your phone to the computer, mount SD card and copy the earlier downloaded ROM to SD card root.
- Once done, open ROM Manager on your phone and install ClockworkMod Recovery for HTC Desire.
- Once the ClockworkMod recovery is successfully flashed on your phone, reboot your phone into recovery from the ROM Manager.
- Now navigate down to Apply zip from SD card and select to flash the ROM on your phone. It is not necessary but advisable to make a nandroid backup before flashing the ROM from recovery.
- Now wait for the ROM to flash. It usually takes some time so hang in there.
- Once the installaltion . flashing procedure is complete, reboot your phone.
And there you go! You now have AOSP Oxygen Android 2.2.1 Froyo ROM running on your handset. Please don’t worry if it takes a bit tool long to boot first time as your new ROM is busy configuring your device.
You can head on to the official XDA thread in case you are facing issues or want support.