Recently we reported T-Mobile getting some awesome root treatment via ODIN. However after rooting the phone, you don’t have much to do now other than installing apps from Market that need root or removing bloatware. Although the quest for gaining root on this phone has remained very slow, but we believe that soon Custom ROMs, kernel and tweaks will start surfacing to enhance your post-root experience. For now, the BlackChrome theme for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II has been made available by mongo41, Senior XDA member and developer. The theme is meant to completely overhaul your phone’s TouchWiz UI with a neat dark and stylish out look. This BlackChrome Theme for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II [S2] comes complete with a customized semi-transparent icon pack. The icons, quite interestingly, display text rather than any image.
The theme can be your best replacement until there is a full fledge custom ROM that comes with a mandatory theming engine. Here is the step by step guide to install BlackChrome Theme on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II [S2]:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone along with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. You can follow the guide posted here for reference.
- Now download BlackChrome theme zip file from here, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card and copy the zip file to SD Card root.
- After you have placed the Zip file to SD Card root, reboot your phone into recovery. You can reboot into recovery by first powering off your phone and booting it back on while holding Power button with Volume up and down keys.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, use onscreen option to Wipe Cache followed by wiping dalvik cache located in Advanced option in Recovery.
- After you are done with flashing caches, use Install Zip from SD Card option to flash / install BlackChrome Theme zip file.
- After installation is complete, go to Advanced menu in Recovery and Fix Permissions.
- Once done, reboot your phone!
And there you go! Your rooted T-Mobile Galaxy S II is now all revamped with BlackChrome theme. In case you need more information, please head to mongo41’s XDA theme thread posted here.