Since Samsung Galaxy S II Android phone surfaced in the market, it has managed to gain a huge fan base. There are scores of custom ROMs available for this phone. Although there is a flood of ROMs available for Galaxy S II but still many of these ROMs don’t have the Call Record functionality embedded in the dialer. Sicopat, XDA member and ROM Developer, has lately released a custom script that will add Call Record functionality to any custom ROM for Galaxy S II. The script is based on Criskelo’s CallRec Mod and is easily installable through custom recovery.
Here is how you can get a custom dialer for Galaxy S II with call record functionality integrated: View in gallery
In order to install this script on your phone, you must have root on your device with ClockworkMod Recovery. If you already have this dialer mod present in your current ROM, then there is no need to flash this one.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download Call Recorder zip archive and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer and mount SD Card.
- Now copy the downloaded Zip file to SD Card root.
- After this, disconnect your phone from the computer and reboot it into CWM recovery.
- Once in the recovery, Wipe Cache partition following onscreen instructions.
- Once done, use the Install Zip from Sd Card menu to flash the mod zip file.
- After the flashing complete, reboot your device.
- If , on reboot, you get stuck in a bootloop, then simple remove your phone’s battery and restart your phone.
- And after the reboot is complete, go to phone dialer, make a test call and you’ll see Call Recording as an in-call screen option.
In case you are facing any difficulty or need more information regarding this dialer mod, then head to XDA development thread for live developer support and feedback.